Carz R Us is an automotive service center focused on providing the best possible experience for our clients. As such, we are always interested in filling our pipeline with the industry’s best and brightest professionals. Carz R Us offers a great work environment, state-of-the-art equipment and processes, training, and convenient business hours (M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.), allowing you to have the family time you deserve. If you’d like to learn more about working for Carz R Us, we’d love to hear from you.
Carz R Us Staff
We are looking for a team player to join the Carz R Us family. This person must have the desire to go above and beyond with any project or task at hand. A positive attitude is a must and the ability to communicate well with coworkers and management is required. We are looking for someone who is willing to come in early and leave late when needed and join the Carz R Us family for social events.
As an Automotive Service Technician, you will be expected to perform maintenance and service on a variety of makes and models. This will include but may not be limited to:
- Performing oil change services, checking and topping off all fluids, checking tire pressures, checking air and cabin filters – all in a timely manner.
- Performing safety, general service inspections identifying fluid leakage, tire wear, service light identification and unperformed maintenance.
- Perform Pre-purchase Vehicle Inspections
- Flushing and servicing of all fluid operated or containing systems
- Drive belt, coolant hose and light bulb replacements.
- Able to perform tire rotation, mounting and balancing and have basic TPMS knowledge.
- Brakes, steering, suspension part replacement.
- Diagnostics of dash lights and other electrical issues a bonus, but not required
- Cooling system, HVAC and other system diagnostics and part replacement
- Alignment experience is a plus but not required at time of hire.
- Communicating with service advisor of needed safety repairs or maintenance other than what is listed on the repair order.
- General cleaning of service area and facility grounds if needed.
- Being open and available to all service training opportunities, whether self-paced or instructor led.
- Willing to continue to attain ASE Certifications until achieving Master Certification status
- Minimum 1-year work experience for C-tech and 3-5 years’ work experience for B-tech
- Demonstrated mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well with others, helping when needed
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record- subject to verification
- ASE Certification is not required at time of hire but, will be expected with ongoing employment
- Keeping a presentable appearance for customers at all times
- Having own hand and air tools to facilitate job responsibilities and scanners preferable, but not required
- Have worked on a flat rate system and produced 30-50 hours consistently